Date: April 22, 2023 – 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Location: Hershey Lodge, 325 University Drive, Hershey PA, 17033
Conference Sessions Include:
- Home Care Defined
- CPR Training
- Conflict De-Escalation
- Personal Safety & Situational Awareness
- Self-Care Matters
- Cultural Competency
- The Fish Philosophy
- Financial Literacy
- Learning to Listen & Being Person Driven
- Wellness, Mindfulness, Intro to Yoga
- Hoyer Lift Training
- Sensory Disabilities
- Cognitive, Behavioral & MH Disabilities
- Home Care Competencies
- Home Care Policy
- Resume Writing and Other Job Building Skills
- Registration begins on Friday, April 21 at noon, and sessions begin at 1 p.m.
- Friday evening reception with food and entertainment.
- Attendees attending Friday and Saturday are eligible for an overnight room on 4/21 at the Hershey Lodge.
The 2023 DCW Conference is targeted to people who are interested in or already providing direct care worker services in the homes of people with disabilities and older adults. If you have questions about this information or need assistance registering for the conference – call 717-731-1900 extension 212.